Manila, Philippines – 17-21 November 2017 – Philippine Green Building Council (PHILGBC) hosted the biggest gathering of green building leaders in industry at the 2017 PHILGBC National Convention. The convention showcased the convergence of leaders from the Philippines’ building and construction industry, and leaders from National Green Building Councils in the Asia Pacific region to a series of events fostering exchange of knowledge and expertise, a showcase of best practices in sustainable development, and discussions on issues and developments in greening the building industry.
The convention provided an avenue for industry discussion on latest on the BERDE Green Building Rating System and other relevant tools in greening. It served as a significant avenue for meaningful dialogues between colleagues in industry and partners in the public and private sector. Programs and initiatives that promotes building better and healthier places for people have been discussed in various events during the convention.
Mr. Tai Lee Siang, Chairman of the World Green Building Council, together with leaders from National GBC’s in the Asia Pacific region joins PHILGBC as it celebrates its 10th year of Market Transformation, and hosts the PHILGBC National Convention.
“Today, I’d like to offer that not only are we trying to improve the consciousness about climate change, we are engaged in concrete actions that will address Climate Change” –PHILGBC Chairman, Mr. Ramon Rufino.
The series of events that happened during the PHILGBC National Convention were the Meeting of Leaders from the World Green Building Council-Asia Pacific Network, PHILGBC 10-year Anniversary Gala, Building Green CEO Forum, Green Building Tour, and the National Conference on “Collectively Shaping Our NAMA for the Building Sector.”
Supporting the PHILGBC National Convention are the following:
- The Net Group, National Convention – Titanium Partner
- Saint Gobain, National Convention – Diamond Partner
- Climate Change Commission, NAMA Conference Co-Presentor
Supporting the different events during the National Convention are the following:
- United Nations Environment, and the EU-ASEP
- International Elevator and Equipment Inc, PHILGBC 10-Year Anniversary Gala Sponsor
- Bridgebury Realty Corporation, PHILGBC 10-Year Anniversary Gala Sponsor
- Daikin Airconditioning Philippines Inc., Building Green CEO Forum Sponsor
- Datem Incorporated, Green Building Tour Sponsor
- Republic Cement Services, Confererence Partner
- Integrated Environmental Solutions, Conference Partner
- Maynilad Water Services, Stellar Equipment and Machinery, Natures Legacy Eximport, Megawide Construction Corporation, Ecotektonika, World Home Depot, and Philippine Resins Industries Inc (Supporting Companies)